What to Do After a Car Accident in San Fernando Valley
Many people are unclear about what to do after a car accident. It is easy to panic and forget what steps must be taken to preserve your rights and to protect your ability to recover important compensation for medical bills, lost wages and other expenses. That is why knowing what to do beforehand can help you make the right choices if you are ever involved in a car crash.
The dedicated lawyers at The Law Office of Rosenstock and Azran can advise you on your best options following an accident in the Encino area. Do not talk with the insurance company until you have been made aware of your legal rights.
Checklist of Things to Do After an Accident
If you are ever involved in a car accident or a pedestrian accident, it is important to follow these steps:
- Determine the extent of any injuries to you or your passengers and get necessary medical attention.
- File an accident report with the police.
- Get names, addresses and phone numbers of everyone involved in the accident, including their insurance companies and vehicle identification numbers of their cars.
- Limit your discussion of the accident with your insurance company because you could inadvertently limit the amount of compensation you are eligible to receive.
- Contact The Law Office of Rosenstock and Azran.
Contact Our Encino Personal Injury Attorneys Today
If you or a loved one has been seriously hurt in a motor vehicle accident, you may be entitled to financial compensation. Contact our Encino attorneys by calling 818-986-2052. Schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your California injury claim.